Friday, October 24, 2008

Voting is cool


Voting isn't only a right, a priviledge and a democratic pride, I think voting is pretty cool too.

I remember voting for the first time a couple of years ago in The Netherlands. A voice in my head screamed all day "You are going to vote tonight!", which felt pretty mature for a just 18-years old girl.
Although you may think your vote doesn't really count or you find it difficult to make a final decision, please vote. It will make you feel priviledged, it will make you appreciate the fact that you live in a democratic country and it will make you proud: you have a voice.

By the way, don't you think that walking around the whole day with a sticker saying 'I voted' on your chest looks pretty mature?

I wish I had the right to vote here. Can I borrow your sticker, please?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Just waiting for hubby to get home from work, so we can go vote.