Monday, October 13, 2008

Driving on the American Highway


Seeing the wide roads and huge cars, I craved for driving a car myself on the American Highway. This might sound pretty desperate, but honestly, I was.


All students in The Netherlands get a free public transport card, which is why I am used to using the subway, trams, busses and trains every day. I can't even image what Amsterdam would be like if every student would have its own car. It would be far too crowded.



While I drove my mom and sister around in Austin in such a big, black, American car I felt pretty firm. Maybe this is the feeling American students get every day; driving to school in their over-sized, automatic cars that make a funny sounds when they lock it. While at the same time, all Dutch students fall asleep on the backseat of the train.

No comments: