Sunday, September 28, 2008

Longhorns vs. Queensday


Orange, Orange and Orange.
Was it Queensday in Holland?
No.
It was burnt Orange.
It was American Football: one of the things you have to experience being a foreign student in the United States.

While I was trying to understand the rules of American Football I joined the whole stadium singing, shouting and yelling to encourage the players. With a drink in the one hand and a banner in the other I tried the best I could to look like a real supporter.
By screeming when everybody screemed and by clapping whenever it seemed appropriate I did a pretty good job. At the end of the day I obviously lost my voice, I probably left it somewhere at the stadium. Actually it was kinda like queensday: dress in orange, scream 'till you die, and especially: don't take your voice home.

No comments: