Sunday, September 7, 2008

Different isn't wrong; Dove Pro-Age


Just before I left my home-country lots of people gave me tips for how to survive in another country. One of those tips was: “keep realizing this; different isn’t wrong”. That sentence sticks in my head all the time and so did it last week during my Public Relations classes. We were watching a promotion video for Dove Pro-Age beauty products; old ladies trying to breakthrough the beauty ideal that is indicated by the media. Because of the fact that these ladies were naked, although, naked in a in my opinion responsible way, the American television didn’t want to broadcast the promotion video. On the contrary, this promotion video for Dove was very successful in Europe because it made clear that real beauty is not related to age. My objective: convincing America that different isn’t wrong.

No comments: