Saturday, November 15, 2008

Christmas Songs in November


The feeling they create, the lyrics and the melodies. They make me feel like buying christmas presents a month too early and like buying dresses to dance in on December 26 at the annual christmas ball. A tree with countless candles, christmas meals and people around you that make you feel good.


But this year is different. I beg all radio stations around Austin to stop broadcasting christmas songs until December 12. They just make me feel like I have to go home tomorrow to enjoy a christmas meal at the table I sit at year after year, christmas after christmas. They remind me of the fact that I won't be able to study here for another half a year, that I have to say goodbye to those wonderful people I met, that I have to say goodbye to fall 2008 in Austin.

Please stop those christmas songs.

No comments: